Friday, March 6, 2009

Is Spring Finally Here?

Last Saturday, it snowed. At some points of time it almost looked like a blizzard. The flakes were so big that when Jaired went out and patted down the 12 inches of snow to 6 inches then stepped in it the snow still crunched and compacted like it does if you step on a fresh spot of snow. A few days after the snow the weather warmed up and by yesterday the only thing left was a small bump of snow where Jaired's snow pile had been.

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful and Edmund and I were able to spend all morning outside. I started a project that I will show you all soon. Edmund had a great time in the puddles and playing with the neighbors' dog.




To make the beautiful day even better, I found some Crocuses, our first flowers of the year!







But the best thing about the day was when Jaired called and said he would be home early, so we could drive down to the nearby state park and have a picnic! The evening was beautiful and only got slightly chilly.

Here is Nathaniel on his first picnic. No, he didn't use the water gun. But Edmund sure had fun with it.

Edmund enjoying barbaqued potato chips.
Note: I started this on Friday, and just finished it now, so yesterday refers to Thursday.

1 comment:

Alyssa Erin said...

It's ultimate frisbee time... :(
I have been horrible at the whole "keeping in touch" thing - life here has been FULL of crazy-busyness and unexpected twists and turns - but I want y'all to know that we miss you and wish you could pop over for a game night, or pizza, or a movie, or just "pop" over :) I'm so glad you are blogging - I think it's such a great, personal way to keep people up to date with "life" and all of its goings on. Luv ya!