Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bathtime and Naptime


Bath times are great fun in our house. Both the boys love taking baths. When Edmund was a baby someone gave us a collapsible baby tub. I never could get it to work, so Edmund has always had his baths in the big tub. Nathaniel on the other hand started out in a dishpan. When he first came home form the hospital he did not like being undressed AT ALL, but by the time I switched him over to the big tub he had gotten over that. Now I can put both boys in the tub and wash them all up and then Edmund gets his playtime in while I dry and dress Nathaniel. I hope my boys inherit their father's love of water, because I am not too confident in it myself.

They sure don't seem to be too happy about getting out of the tub. Of course maybe they are just cold and wondering why in the world I am taking pictures instead of dressing them!


Here they are dressed, combed, and ready to go to Oma's birthday party. Nathaniel is armed with his trusty pacifier. They are so cute, but maybe I'm biased, what do you think?

As for naps, well, more often than not I can get them to sleep at the same time. One day though Edmund decided they should also sleep in the same bed. Edmund loves to take his current favorite toy(s) to bed with him, and this time, managed to get them, and himself, all into the crib and settled without waking up his brother. I love these two little guys so much and I am sure they will be such good friends all their lives!

2 comments:

Chablis said...

Ah yes! Bathtime is a favorite at my house too. Your boys are so handsome! I love that they slept in the same bed. That is sooo sweet. One of those moments that makes being a parent so worth it!

Shannon M said...

So sweet...Isaac never slept well by himself, but one day I put him to bed in the crib with Jarah (she had been asking for him) - he slept like a champ, and they've been sharing a bed ever since! Bathtime is wonderful fun.