Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thoughts on Life

I go through phases, as I am sure we all do. Some days or weeks I am really motivated, and others I just want to sit around and do nothing (including wishing I wasn't bothered by little children so much). Unfortunately, I have reached that "grown up" point in my life when I find that being grown up means more than getting to stay up late, eat whatever I want, and work or play as the whim hits me. It is such a let down, don't you think? I mean, really, this housework keeps needing to be done even if I feel more like playing or being lazy. And guess what? I have to do it, there's no mom to pick up after me. I am the mom.

My New Year's resolution actually started back in December, as I began to really mean it when I told myself I wanted to invest more time in my children and less time in my daily housework and other "stuff." I have made this resolution in the past, and have even written about it here on my blog. This time around seems to be working better. For one thing, I have truly been spending less time on the internet, particularly Facebook. For another thing I have come up with a housework schedule that really seems to be working. And, as I am discovering this week, right now when things have been going long enough for good intentions to fade the weather has warmed up enough to hint at Spring, which is always a time when I feel more motivated to keep the house clean.

I hope I can keep it up. Edmund and I also do school almost every day. The goal is to do school every day, but with the morning being the best time to do school as well as the time I am most motivated to clean the house it sometimes ends up that the housework takes so long that lunch comes before we have gotten around to doing school. When this happens it is often easier, and less stressful, to skip school. Edmund really enjoys school and is doing a great job, but the later we sit down to do school the shorter his attention span is and the less brain power he seems to have. The struggle often isn't worth it to me.

Then I have this blog, which I enjoy, but don't seem to find time to post on much. Hopefully, that is changing starting now as I, with Jaired's help, attempt to write regularly (probably Tuesday nights). I will share more about Edmund's schooling, housework, my boys, and the other aspects of our lives in future posts.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Chablis said...

You are a GREAT mom and a great example!