Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Nursery

With the boys getting bigger and more active, and a new baby on the way, we decided it was time to separate the nursery from the playroom.
Our house has a small, sunny room at the end of the hallway that has, up until now, been our guest bedroom. I moved all the nursery furniture into that room and it fits perfectly.
The crib made up and ready for a tiny newborn. With Winnie-the-Pooh to keep watch.
I made these curtains for Edmund's nursery in Virginia Beach. This was my first attempt at curtain making and I did not make them the right width, so now, for the first time, I get to see them as they should be, nice and fully ruffled.
The Halls bought this antique cradle when Edmund was born, but since they didn't have much space to store it we get to use it here at our house. I will actually move it into my bedroom once the baby is born.
And the changing table all ready to go.
This room, like so many others in our house, is sparse on the decorations, but hopefully I will be able to find some nice wall hangings in the next few months.
The best thing about this room though is the many blessing s that it contains. All the furniture in here was given to us, as well as most of the baby necessities and all the infant clothing we have. Though we have moved and lost contact with some of these people we have a constant reminder of their love and friendship when we go into the nursery.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks great Tracy! So warm and welcoming.