Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hooded Bath Towels

Little children and hooded bath towels seem to go together. It is so cute to see those baby faces peering out of an "elfish" hood. And children love them! They are one of those things one puts on their baby registry; like I did. Unfortunately, the hooded towel I got was a tiny, polyester thing (not the one I put on my registry). Just big enough and absorbent enough for a newborn, but not much good for a bigger baby. I was disappointed to not have something that my children could use even when they got to be toddlers.
I occasionally tossed around ideas for making my own hooded towel, but never came up with anything. Recently, however, I found just the thing! I got this off of a blog, but can't remember which one, so am unable to give credit where credit is due.
This is really easy to make; all you need is a bath towel and a hand towel. Cut the hand towel in half. Fold the cut side of the towel in half and sew, then open out the hood and sew the seam allowance to one side. Sew the hemmed edge of the hand towel to one of the sides of the bath towel. That's it! You're done!
I made two of these using towels I already had, so it didn't cost me anything. And there was no waste.
Here is Edmund's back. Do you see how long the towel is? He will be able to use this for several years.

3 comments:

Chablis said...

I got a towel at a baby shower like that when Gracie was born. We still use it! If only I could use a sewing machine...

Great ideas you left on my blog. I'm headed over to Michaels to see what I can piece together.

Bath Products said...

Good idea....I love it.

Jaylene said...

How sweet hooded bath towel... Best for little one!! I would like to buy this kind of towel for my baby...