Friday, February 6, 2009

John Wayne and "Me"

The other day I was at Walmart and picked up a DVD with four one-hour John Wayne movies for five bucks. We watched the first one that night and Edmund was hooked. Something about the fist-fights, horse-chases, and guns is so fascinating to him. I wonder why!? :)
Edmund has a way of figuring out how to communicate with his limited vocabulary to let us know what movie he wants to watch and with John Wayne it is a hand patting his head, which means hat. He asks for this movie all the time and just loves it!

Edmund has also learned what to call himself; "Me!" He taught himself that word, too! Now, I know all kids are smart in their own different ways, but I have never known a two-year-old who has grasped the concept of pronouns, so please pardon a little bragging. It is so cute to hear him say, "Me," when I ask him who he is or he sees himself in a picture.

No comments: